Rockwall Medical Center
Velvet Touch Permanent Cosmetics LLC
810 E Ralph Hall Parkway, Suite 110
Rockwall, TX 75032
CALL FOR A CONSULTATION OR APPOINTMENT | 469-774-6554
PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do NOT work-out before your service time for procedure
MICROBLADING AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Entire healing process will take from 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle.
Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post-microblading procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms may quickly disappear.
Microblading post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new eyebrows. Do not let any water, lotion, soap, or makeup touch your eyebrow area during the first 7 days after your procedure.
After 5-7 days, make sure your hands are completely clean. Clean with warm Damp cloth, let dry then apply light amount of Grapeseed Oil 1-2 x daily. If oily, only once daily.
Post-care sterile dressings (Liquid bandage cream) when necessary and Antibiotic ointment can be applied once daily when needed. All to be used sparingly as your skin needs to heal itself.
When cleansing your face avoid treated Eyebrow area with cleansers. During the shower, keep your face away from the showerhead or take a bath. Never rub the treated area as it will disturb the skin from natural healing. Please continue post care 7-10 days.
The following you must AVOID during next 14 days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color, premature fading and/or Blood poisoning from sun exposure.
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
- Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING AND AFTER YOUR MICROBLADING SESSION
Immediately after the procedure the area treated will look much darker and much more defined (as if it were “painted on”) than the final results. The swelling diminishes (24-48 hours) and your Brows will become more evenly shaped. Be prepared for the color to be significantly lighter and the overall appearance much softer and more natural after the healing occurs. It will take time for this transition, based on how quickly the outer layer of your skin exfoliates. Usually the exfoliation (peeling) process occurs about 4 to 7 days and will be complete at about day 10 Days. At that point the contrast between the initial intense and dark color and the new softer and lighter color may be such that you may be very disappointed.
The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day.
Note that because of natural skin regeneration, after recovery period (peeling), brows might appear lighter than original. This might give you the impression that color is fading too quickly. Often even with proper care, clients may lose original hairs-strokes which make brows look uneven. It is absolutely normal. That’s is the reason why most customers need a touchup after 6 weeks.
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place, it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows. The final look of your eyebrows will be apparent approximately 30 days after your procedure.
Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 up to SPF 50 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly. When using foundation, be aware when applying to avoid your healed eyebrows. If foundation covers healed brows, your eyebrows will appear lighter.
You may text anytime if you have further questions or may not be sure that the instructions were clear.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Velvet Touch Permanent Cosmetics LLC immediately, to discuss further instructions, Or contact and consult a physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge. May report any adverse reaction to the Texas Department of State Health Services at 888-839-6676.