Velvet Touch Permanent Cosmetics & Skin Care
983 E Interstate 30, Bldg #117
Rockwall Salons, Suite 213
Rockwall, TX 75087
CALL FOR A CONSULTATION OR APPOINTMENT | 469-774-6554
PRIOR TO YOUR PROCEDURE
- Avoid heavy sunlight and especially sunburn 3 days before procedure. Skin should not be in process of healing before procedure!
- Do NOT drink coffee or anything with caffeine the day of procedure.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen, omega-3, unless medically necessary, 48-72 hours prior to the procedure. (Tylenol or acetaminophen is okay!)
- Do NOT drink alcohol 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do NOT work-out before your service time for procedure
MICROBLADING AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. Itching and flaking may appear during the first 7-14 days post Brow procedure. However, experience has shown that by following these after-care instructions, these symptoms should quickly disappear.
10-14 Days Post Treatment Instructions
Day 1-2: “Blot” for Lymph fluid removal, wipes will help prevent too much crusting or scabbing. Cut Wipes 3 times then store in baggy and use every hour or more.
Day 2-4: “Wash” AM/PM by Use a small drop of Aftercare Cleanser mix with water on fingertips for 10 seconds (as shown) Gently wash then rinse NOTE: Small amount of water, not soaking to treated area to Promote healing, soft cloth.
Day 3-10: Let Brows “Dry” completely before applying antibiotic and/or balm. Apply small grain of rice size. Do not over apply. This could suffocate the skin and delay healing. Am/PM if you’re not oily, then you may not need any added moisture.
Days 5-7: When “Flaking stage” begins, Wash only around brows…Not on them. When the skin has completed shedding and back to normal then you may wash and add balm.
The following you must AVOID during next 14 days post-microblading procedure:
- Increased sweating
- Practicing sports
- No swimming in fresh, salt, chlorine or lake water!
- Hot sauna, hot bath, or Jacuzzi
- Sun tanning or salon tanning
- UV/UVA Rays or chemicals as they have been known to cause a shift in color, premature fading and/or Blood poisoning from sun exposure.
- Picking, peeling, or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment
- Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris
- Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles, or motorcycles
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING AND AFTER YOUR MICROBLADING SESSION
Another factor to consider is the phases of healing that your eyebrows will go through. In the first week of healing, your brows will be very bold in color and look slightly unnatural as some of the pigment rises to the surface and creates tiny scabs over each stroke. After about a week (sometimes sooner for some people), your brows will begin peeling and the little scabs will start falling off. For some people, it just gets a little flaky. For others, there may be larger amounts of flakiness. This is not the time to be going to a party. While brows are still healing; you cannot cover it up with makeup just yet. This could cause infections if skin is still not healed. Until the flaking is completely done, your best bet is to let your brows do their thing without any interference. Remember you may not want to plan any events during 10 days of healing process, due to you maybe flaking.
With microblading, your eyebrows post-care is very important to the appearance and longevity of your new brows. The entire healing process will take 4-6 weeks depending on your body regeneration and age. Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. The pigment will appear very natural looking immediately after the procedure. The color of the pigment will appear much darker the next day. Apply the aftercare ointment given by your brow technician, make sure to follow instructions given.
You may text anytime if you have furher questions or may not be sure that the instructions were clear.
Complimentary appointment should be 6-8 weeks from date of service day.
There will be charge after the allowed time of 8 weeks, no exceptions.
Please call two (2 weeks) prior to book your follow-up.
If you have any unexpected problems with the healing of the skin, please contact Velvet Touch Permanent Cosmetics immediately, to discuss further instructions. Or Contact and consult physician if any signs or symptoms develop such as the following: fever, redness at the site, swelling, tenderness of the procedure site, elevated body temperature, red streaks going from the procedure site towards the heart, and/or any green/yellow discharge. May report any adverse reaction to the Texas Department of State Health Services at 888-839-6676.